Recent comments

• Re: San Jose's Tier 2 Pension, Now the Worst Law Enforcement Pension Benefit in the State of California

Posted: 5 years 33 weeks ago

I have been behind SJPD since the beginning as I am a retiree going on 12yrs this year from ESD. Now the Mayor want to make us pay half our medical. Something that was promised at the time we retired. Isnt this a breach of contract or something. Shame on San Jose for doing this to those retired. Keep up your fight or it can happen to you. We are being led to slaughter after dedication to service and this is how we are repaid.

• Re: Attorney General Kamala Harris Approves Legal Challenge Over Validity of San Jose’s Measure B

Posted: 5 years 34 weeks ago

Many City employees current and retired tried to talk to the Mayor last March as well as citizens of San Jose, but the Mayor and the Council would not listen. Yet since then he tried to give 100,000 to one of the councilmembers for her campaign, wants to still try and get the A's to San Jose and doing these things at the expense of the dedicated employees who he has shafted and also the citizens of San Jose who will end up paying for all the lawsuits.

Posted: 5 years 34 weeks ago

Why is it always SJPD???
    Every employee was screwed in this event. All groups should be working together to beat these clowns. After Reed is gone you have Licardo and Piere Luigi hoping to continue the dismantling of city services. How many employees have left CSJ for other Goverments in ghe area to receive better pay and benefits? San Jose is now a training city for other city, county or state positions.

Posted: 5 years 34 weeks ago

Hello, my name is Sally.

In regards to the above article I just read, I am in shock. Don't get me wrong, I love my San Jose, CA where I was born and raised (and married on 02/27/2013). Measure B should NOT be on the ballot if it was put there in violation to Government codes, point blank! Who do these people think they are who are above the LAW?! Please, respect the SJPD because they are put in my hometown to "PROTECT AND SERVE" the community with "RESPECT, HONOR, and INTEGRITY." The Lord says in the good word, "ALL THINGS IN THE DARK SHALL COME TO LIGHT."

Best regards,
    Sally.

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 36 weeks ago

How about a policy that stops the denial of nearly all work injury claims? This would go to the job security area. When employees know that they are going to have work injury claims automatically denied and have to go to litigation to receive medical benefits or wait years to have treatment, this sets a policy of don't do ANYTHING that might get you hurt. In the public safety world, you have to know someone has your back. The City of San Jose has not done this for years!

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 37 weeks ago

Because they DON'T CARE for anyone or the city, but for themselves. They pad their pockets. Look at Rose Herrera. She kept her ex-husband's surname to gain the vote of those voters who are ignorant to research the issues and simply vote based on the politician's name or supposed racial/ethnic background!

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 37 weeks ago

A lot of people are asking what they can do. In my opinion it's the citizens that the city council needs to hear. Officers need their 10% back that they have up "temporarily" . And a gaurantee that measure b won't be implemented until the courts make a ruling . Citizens need to demand this just stop the exodus of police personnel. And until the exodus is stopped, the pd cannot be proactive like we have in years past. And please know that proactively is what keeps crime under control, not just responding to calls like we are now .

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 37 weeks ago

Wasteful spending, such as gala event tickets for council members and their dates, would be far better spent on increased, more reliable support for our police force. Police officers save lives and protect property. Schmoozing politicians represent a sadly legal version of the crime attacking our neighborhoods - taking what should not be taken.

Police officers, like teachers, dedicate their lives to improving our community and they should be treated with respect and financial security. If the current SJ government can't set better financial priorities, then they need to be voted out of office.

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 37 weeks ago

Hello, my name is Sally.

I was born and raised in San Jose, CA and I have DEEP love and respect for my hometown. My deepest condolences to the "exodus" of police officers due to "SECURITY and TRUST." However, I couldn't help but wonder "WHY?" all the crime in the first place? Where does it stem from? Troubled homes. Troubled families, broken, hurt, no hope. What can we as a people, as a community do to protect the peace, to protect the safety, to SERVE one another with integrity and trust and respect? My goal is to love and serve one another the way Jesus Christ did as our Lord and Savior over 2000 years ago when He walked the Earth. I am no perfect human being and I am the first to admit I have a less than stellar past, however for the future of my beloved city San Jose, CALIFORNIA; we need RESTORATION, PREVENTION, MORE ASSISTANCE to the broken homes where children and youth are led astray into a life of crime and poverty; or worse, including drug abuse and death. Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Sally H. Collins

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 5 years 37 weeks ago

After the recent article on how much the CITY spends on sending councilmen (and partners) to fancy charity events, we can see that one expense would help pay salaries of the truly important people in our city--police. In our neighborhood the last couple of weeks we've had a rash of car thefts and burglaries--stuff we've not seen in the past except rarely. This administration needs to take care of the right business and forget about ballgames and charity events.