Recent comments

• Re: Attorney General Kamala Harris Approves Legal Challenge Over Validity of San Jose’s Measure B

Posted: 4 years 26 weeks ago

Why is it always SJPD???
    Every employee was screwed in this event. All groups should be working together to beat these clowns. After Reed is gone you have Licardo and Piere Luigi hoping to continue the dismantling of city services. How many employees have left CSJ for other Goverments in ghe area to receive better pay and benefits? San Jose is now a training city for other city, county or state positions.

Posted: 4 years 26 weeks ago

Hello, my name is Sally.

In regards to the above article I just read, I am in shock. Don't get me wrong, I love my San Jose, CA where I was born and raised (and married on 02/27/2013). Measure B should NOT be on the ballot if it was put there in violation to Government codes, point blank! Who do these people think they are who are above the LAW?! Please, respect the SJPD because they are put in my hometown to "PROTECT AND SERVE" the community with "RESPECT, HONOR, and INTEGRITY." The Lord says in the good word, "ALL THINGS IN THE DARK SHALL COME TO LIGHT."

Best regards,
    Sally.

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 28 weeks ago

How about a policy that stops the denial of nearly all work injury claims? This would go to the job security area. When employees know that they are going to have work injury claims automatically denied and have to go to litigation to receive medical benefits or wait years to have treatment, this sets a policy of don't do ANYTHING that might get you hurt. In the public safety world, you have to know someone has your back. The City of San Jose has not done this for years!

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

Because they DON'T CARE for anyone or the city, but for themselves. They pad their pockets. Look at Rose Herrera. She kept her ex-husband's surname to gain the vote of those voters who are ignorant to research the issues and simply vote based on the politician's name or supposed racial/ethnic background!

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

A lot of people are asking what they can do. In my opinion it's the citizens that the city council needs to hear. Officers need their 10% back that they have up "temporarily" . And a gaurantee that measure b won't be implemented until the courts make a ruling . Citizens need to demand this just stop the exodus of police personnel. And until the exodus is stopped, the pd cannot be proactive like we have in years past. And please know that proactively is what keeps crime under control, not just responding to calls like we are now .

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

Wasteful spending, such as gala event tickets for council members and their dates, would be far better spent on increased, more reliable support for our police force. Police officers save lives and protect property. Schmoozing politicians represent a sadly legal version of the crime attacking our neighborhoods - taking what should not be taken.

Police officers, like teachers, dedicate their lives to improving our community and they should be treated with respect and financial security. If the current SJ government can't set better financial priorities, then they need to be voted out of office.

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

Hello, my name is Sally.

I was born and raised in San Jose, CA and I have DEEP love and respect for my hometown. My deepest condolences to the "exodus" of police officers due to "SECURITY and TRUST." However, I couldn't help but wonder "WHY?" all the crime in the first place? Where does it stem from? Troubled homes. Troubled families, broken, hurt, no hope. What can we as a people, as a community do to protect the peace, to protect the safety, to SERVE one another with integrity and trust and respect? My goal is to love and serve one another the way Jesus Christ did as our Lord and Savior over 2000 years ago when He walked the Earth. I am no perfect human being and I am the first to admit I have a less than stellar past, however for the future of my beloved city San Jose, CALIFORNIA; we need RESTORATION, PREVENTION, MORE ASSISTANCE to the broken homes where children and youth are led astray into a life of crime and poverty; or worse, including drug abuse and death. Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Sally H. Collins

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

After the recent article on how much the CITY spends on sending councilmen (and partners) to fancy charity events, we can see that one expense would help pay salaries of the truly important people in our city--police. In our neighborhood the last couple of weeks we've had a rash of car thefts and burglaries--stuff we've not seen in the past except rarely. This administration needs to take care of the right business and forget about ballgames and charity events.

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

I am the President of the Contra Costa Deputy Sheriff's Association. We are very sympathetic to your situation. For more than a decade our members have contributed between 15-22% of their monthly income to their pensions, In addition to paying nearly 15% of the medical premiums. To add insult to injury, we are the lowest paid SO in the bay area. As a result, we have seen countless quality deputies leave to other agencies who have higher salaries and lower pension costs. Our staffing levels have taken major hits as deputies leave or take early retirement. We pump new hires through our academy, get them trained, and watch them leave. It is sad because our department is a great place to work. The fact is, employers need to be competitive in order to attract and retain quality employees. On the other hand there needs to be a balance to prevent costs from ballooning out of control. How that balance is struck is a matter of great debate. We wish you all the best as we have been living your nightmare for years..

Stay safe,
    Ken Westermann

• Re: How Do We Stop the SJPD Exodus?

Posted: 4 years 29 weeks ago

I am a resident of San Jose and would like to know what I can do to help. Of course I will pray, but is there something I should sign, or someone I should write to? I just want to make sure I do whatever I can to help. Thanks so much