Recent comments

• Re: Sign the Petition to Give San Jose Councilmember Liccardo a Dose of Truth

Posted: 4 years 48 weeks ago

Sam isn't it time for you and your buddies on the City Council to hold hands and move to another city to screw it up? Do us all a favor and please get out of this city as soon as possible before you guys do any more damage to us and the city

• Re: Sign the Petition to Give San Jose Councilmember Liccardo a Dose of Truth

Posted: 4 years 48 weeks ago

When i hired on in 1976 i was ecstatic. I had applied to other agencies but SJPD was my dream. 29 years later i retired, forced out due to pain and lack of respect, coverage for my on the job, near-fatal injuries.

I've lost respect for the mayor and council; i only feel sorry for you. Politics turns the souls of those involved sour.

I'll pray for you, but I doubt the council will be struck with lighting of common sense. YES, finances MUST be improved; adjustments made, but with respect and truth.

I doubt you read this Mr. Liccardo.

• Re: Reed/Liccardo Staffing Plan Does Not Add Up

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

Wow, you sure did your homework!! Very nice job!

I really wish we had a Mayor who cared about City employees. I love how the County of Santa Clara worked with their employees. David Cortese also made a huge difference. Check out this article. You can copy the link and place in your browser.

• Re: Pete Constant's Re-hire Proposal Falls Short

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

The Merky News won't report this information. They have their collective heads so far up Reed, Licardo and Constant's asses that they will never even see this information.

• Re: Pete Constant's Re-hire Proposal Falls Short

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

OMG! What are these "leaders" thinking- and how and why did we get them to the position of doing the "thinking"? The city government is becoming shameful.

• Re: Pete Constant's Re-hire Proposal Falls Short

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

Once again, real numbers and real talk from the SJPOA. Thank you Jim for staying the course and letting the public know how this really works. I just hope the San Jose mercury will print your articles.....

• Re: Reed/Liccardo Staffing Plan Does Not Add Up

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

THANK YOU for the common sense math!

• Re: Reed/Liccardo Staffing Plan Does Not Add Up

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

Hi Jim,

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to the San Jose Police Department and the POA. You are carrying out your duties and responsibilities in a clear & concise fashion attempting to keep everyone informed. You are doing this in the toughest times since the inception of the POA. I commend you for your leadership during these tough times. Keep up the good work!

James Wagner

• Re: Reed/Liccardo Staffing Plan Does Not Add Up

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

Hence the name Johnny Shamis.

• Re: Reed/Liccardo Staffing Plan Does Not Add Up

Posted: 4 years 49 weeks ago

This coming January 2014 i will have been retired 7 years. When i left we had a responsive Police Dept who cared very much about the citizens who live and work in our city. Reed and several of the Councilmembers have destroyed what i once represented and loved. They have done this in only six years. It will take 2 to 3 generations of police to get it back to what is was when i left and thats a MAYBE. I once stated in an open City Council meeting that by the path they were taking we will lose our grip on this city. Once that happens may never get it back. Much like Oakland and other mismanaged cities. Im glad i left and didnt stick around to be Deputy Chief. I was number 1 on the DC list and it makes me sick to see what has happened