Recent comments

• Re: An Open Letter to City Manager Ed Shikada

Posted: 3 years 24 weeks ago

Every time, everyday, that an SJPD officer puts on that uniform and badge, that officer writes a check payable to "The Good and Decent Residents of San Jose" in the amount of "Everything up to and including my life". How many times has the City cashed that check? To answer that question,one need only look at the portraits of fallen officers whose portraits are hung on the "Wall of Honor" down from the Lobby of the PAB building; and that only partially answers the question as it does not include the number of officers who have been seriously injured or crippled in the line of duty as well.

Mr. Reed, and you other supercilious members of the Council, those of you who are always so dismissive of your police officers, SJPD officers have always, and will always, "pay our bills". We have sworn an oath to do so and our "checks" never bounce. And now you won't even replace an injured officer's eyeglasses? Mister Mayor, you sicken me.

• Re: Supervisor Dave Cortese Statement on POA Tentative Agreement

Posted: 3 years 29 weeks ago

Supervisor Cortese fails to state his stand on pension "reform".

• Re: Supervisor Dave Cortese Statement on POA Tentative Agreement

Posted: 3 years 29 weeks ago

Mr. Cortese, thank you for your support and I get what you are trying to convey here. But, do you realize officers have twice voted to give back 10% of their pay to the city? Officers have been more than generous with some losing their homes with this giveback. At a minimum, and I mean minimum, officers should immediately get back the 10% that they have generously gave the city. That would still place officers' pay levels to 2009. Because the city has been so stubborn and cheap with their past offers, it may appear that this current offer is a bargain. In my opinion, this is the game or strategy the city is using to get officers to accept this low offer. Please don't buy into it. I hope all officers do not accept this offer.

• Re: Supervisor Dave Cortese Statement on POA Tentative Agreement

Posted: 3 years 30 weeks ago

I still find it hard to believe that any retired worker who was told work 15yrs and at least 50yrs old would be entitled to health and dental.
    The great City leaders have tried to take away what was promised to us, after we retired. And now are making us pay for dr visits, and medicines. After ten yrs of retirement I am having difficulty in making house payments etc due to doctor bills. This is breach of promise and its like we did our part to work for the City and then they take the rug from under us when we are retired.
    I used to be proud that I worked for the City of San Jose, but I cannot say that now. I was born and raised in San Jose and went to school there, and in my retirement yrs had to move just to live.l

• Re: 2013 SJ Auto Thefts Reach 6,200: What can you do?

Posted: 3 years 30 weeks ago

My Son's car was just stolen yesterday within a 2 hr window of him getting to his location in the middle of the day in front of a neighbors house. The part that upset me is my 19 year old son busted his ass all summer to purchase him a car & some lowlife took that car from him. Ugh All I can do is pray that they find his car because his school books were inside the car.

• Re: 2013 SJ Auto Thefts Reach 6,200: What can you do?

Posted: 3 years 31 weeks ago

This is some dated and wrong information. 90% of cars are hotwired? Perhaps 20 years ago....

• Re: 2013 SJ Auto Thefts Reach 6,200: What can you do?

Posted: 3 years 31 weeks ago

From when is this tip list. Saturn stopped making new cars in 2009. (See tip 6)

• Re: San Jose Police Officers Reject City Contract Offer - 954 Voted NO, 2 Voted YES

Posted: 3 years 36 weeks ago

I am so thankful when I see articles that reflect what is REALLY going on with our police officers and how we, San Jose citizens, have believed a lot of what's been said (falsely) about their pay and pension, and taken away their pensions, cut their salaries and sent them a message that they are not worth investing in...

I do hope the truth will continue to be told and that our citizens will make the right choice and support our officers.

Posted: 3 years 36 weeks ago

United you stand, bravo Let the City and the Mayor know you are not giving in to them.

• Re: Sign the Petition to Give San Jose Councilmember Liccardo a Dose of Truth

Posted: 3 years 40 weeks ago

Sam isn't it time for you and your buddies on the City Council to hold hands and move to another city to screw it up? Do us all a favor and please get out of this city as soon as possible before you guys do any more damage to us and the city